Oh, and while we’re on the topic of broken plans and muffins, I’m totally blaming these guys for the fact that I didn’t manage to get my body image post up yesterday like I planned — they took up all my spare time. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. So let’s talk deets. Would peanut butter be ok to add to the recipe? greek yogurt, white whole wheat flour, egg, unsweetened applesauce and 7 … My husband is a big banana and peanut butter fan! Apple Oat Greek Yogurt Muffins Running with Spoons. Lists. I cut the recipe in half and it still made 9 muffins. A delicious, single-serve healthy flourless banana oat muffin containing Greek yogurt and ready in just one minute! Put wheat bran in large measuring cup and pour boiling water over it, stir to combine and let sit 5 minutes, then stir in the Greek yogurt and eggs, mix well. I’m wondering what I could do to avoid this? My muffins rose up, they didn’t sink – any idea what I might be doing wrong? Stir in the oat mixture, mixing until no large lumps remain. Aug 13, 2014 - Made without flour or oil, these Banana Oat Greek Yogurt Muffins make a a deliciously healthy breakfast or snack! What really happened is that I sat down to write it on a few occasions, but the words just wouldn’t come. recipe! So yummy! I would bake it from 45-50 minutes. running with spoons . If I make this recipe again I will add lemon zest. The oats are blended up before getting added to the batter, and they resemble flour and serve the same function; below is a quick break down of the process. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Perfect for breakfast, dessert or a light snack. Slowly mix in the dry mixture until well combined. Fold in blueberries. 796 Comments. Followed recipe exactly didn't overmix....super chewy kind of bland. ★☆ Thank you so much for helping support Spoons! I think oranges would be a good complementary taste so orange zest? These taste amazing! So fluffy. Also, I substituted coconut sugar for the brown sugar to make them even healthier. Love this recipe! A waste of my time! My husband and I are in love. Get-Up-and-Go Muffins with Greek Yogurt, Oatmeal, and Blueberries, Congrats! And if so, how much maple syrup would I use to replace the brown sugar? This is necessary to balance out the fact that the actual muffin itself is incredibly healthy — like “healthy enough to eat for breakfast” healthy. I did make a few changes. Whole wheat double chocolate raspberry Greek yogurt muffins Eva Bakes. Blueberry Oatmeal Yogurt Muffins Soft, Fluffy and sweetened with honey, these homemade Blueberry Oatmeal Yogurt Muffins are to die for. They tasted like glue! What is the best way to store them? No go from the entire family. I baked them for 22 minutes and the tips started browning so I removed them. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Didn’t have bananas, so I tested my luck with medjool dates, and they still turned out great! Back to Get-Up-and-Go Muffins with Greek Yogurt, Oatmeal, and Blueberries. Also I’ve used half low sugar vanilla Greek yogurt and half sour cream and also came out great! @Lola you can freeze the muffins on the day you bake them in baking/wax paper. old fashioned oats, cinnamon, plain greek yogurt, almond flour and 10 more The Ultimate Banana Oat Greek Yogurt Muffin Running with Spoons banana, large egg white, baking powder, rolled oats, coconut palm sugar and 3 more I’ve made it at least a dozen times! These muffins aren’t your average muffins… mostly because they’re made without flour or oil. Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. This muffin makes me feel not guilty about having more than just one. I have done so successfully several times! You'll love the hint of orange and the yogurt makes them irresistibly moist and fluffy. https://www.runningwithspoons.com/banana-oat-greek-yogurt-muffins Topped with a cinnamon streusel, they are a perfectly portioned snack! Blend or process on high, stopping to scrape down and stir the ingredients once or twice as needed, until the batter is smooth and the oats … I’m a big fan of these muffins and I make them all the time but I was wanting to try making them into banana bread. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. (You could use whole wheat flour instead of doing this, oatmeal flour is just so much better!) I just made these and they turned out pretty soggy. Today however I realized I did not have enough yogurt so I topped up with sour cream. Looking for more Greek yogurt muffin recipes? I had to make one change - we don't eat quick-cooking oats so I used old fashioned oats instead. Fold flour mixture into the Greek yogurt mixture. Instead, they have oats to give them shape, and yogurt to keep them moist. Thanks for the recipe! … Coffee Cake Greek Yogurt Muffins. ** If using paper liners, you’ll want to spray them with cooking spray as well, since the lack of oil in these muffins could make them stick to the liners after baking. Maybe add nuts? Amount is based on available nutrient data. I would reduce the amount to 2-3 tablespoons though. I’ve never tried it with this recipe in particular, but it should work! If you have quick oats or old-fashioned oats, you’ll be set for this recipe in minutes. I love that January is an opportunity to reflect and set goals for the new year, but I always strive to make my goals attainable (especially in … I grind the oatmeal in my nutribullet instead of putting it all in a blender, and then hand mix all the ingredients and comes out great! Lightly grease a muffin tin or line with paper cases. How to make powdered oats. Not too sweet...just right! I’ve made them twice so far and they are delicious! It’s great to know that sour cream works as well. I LOVE this recipe! It’s coming. *If making your own oat flour, grind rolled oats in a food processor until a fine oat flour forms, usually 3-5 minutes. This healthy flourless 1 minute Greek yogurt banana oat muffin has no butter, … I also took a note from one of the other people who made a comment and used my Nutra Bullet to grind the oats since I don’t have a food processor. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Thanks! Or not. In a medium bowl, stir together the oats, Greek yogurt, 6 tablespoons of milk, and vanilla extract. This results in a muffin that’s a little on the denser side, yet is still incredibly soft and pillowy (see above). Try one of these! In a mixing bowl, combine yoghurt and rolled oats with a spoon. In a separate bowl, combine all wet ingredients. Meanwhile, place all dry ingredients in a bowl ~ flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg ~ and whisk to combine. But no matter how carefully I planned things out, time and time again I realized that life takes one look at your carefully made plans and pretty much laughs in your face. Thank you for the simple and very tasty recipe! I side very very moist. Schedules. Grease muffin tin or liners, set aside. Use fresh or frozen blueberries or try another berry. So yummy! Also… there’s chocolate… a healthy amount of it. Sorry I didn’t read more carefully! Info. I want to say tomorrow, but again… I don’t want to make and break plans. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. My granddaughter would love them! Allow muffins to cool in pan for ~10 minutes before removing. Shared with the office and they raved about them. ★☆ June 24, 2014 by Amanda @ .running with spoons. But probably sweeter than intended. Thanks for taking the time to share that, Cathy! I used AP flour, 1/3c brown sugar, and one 5.3oz nonfat apple pie greek yogurt in the muffin part; for topping used 1 1/2T butter, 2T quick oats, 1/2t cinn, about 1 1/2T brown/dk brn sugar, about … Keywords: banana muffins, flourless muffins, gluten-free muffins, Greek yogurt muffins, healthy banana muffins, healthy muffins, oatmeal muffins, Tag @runwithspoons on Instagram and hashtag it #runningwithspoons. These Greek Yogurt Oat Mango Muffins are a freezer-friendly breakfast option. It is really important to not overmix the batter; lumps are okay. I literally have it memorized. Can I make these muffins in a mini muffin pan? After reading comments I grated lemon peel and skipped water and used lemon juice. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. I followed the recipe exactly and would not change a thing! Thank you so much! I’ve switched a few things up for mine and it’s turned out well! In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt, honey, milk, and vanilla until well … I would still like to know if you can replace the brown sugar with maple syrup, though! Preheat oven to 350°F. To me, the new year (or new decade in this case) doesn’t mean a new strict diet or crazy workout plan. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Still tasted great but I’m curious! That is saying something since I detest yoghurt but you have to think of the kids health.. Things have a way of happening whether you want them to or not. Stir in chocolate chips by hand. I just made these and it was super easy and they are delicious! ». These Greek Yogurt Chocolate Chunk Banana Oat Muffins are highly adaptable and I know this because I’ve made dozens of different versions of them over the years. The oats and Greek yogurt will keep you feeling full. Pour batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each cavity until it is about 3/4 full. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/banana-oatmeal-yogurt-muffins I saw in another similar recipe of yours (the favorite pumpkin ones), that you use maple syrup instead of brown sugar. Plus, these Greek Yogurt Banana Oat Muffins with Honey are can be whipped up in no time – all you need is a blender. One Pot Spinach & Parmesan Orzo … I will absolutely make these again. Stir the wet … These are always so delicious and never seem to last longer than 2 days! Also added cinnamon and a little nutmeg. I added one ripe banana and decreased BB to 1 cup. If necessary, grease all 12 cups on your muffin tin with … why i won’t be working for a bikini body this summer. Should yield 1 cup oatmeal flour. And I even added the cinnamon that another reviewer suggested. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the tops of your muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Set aside. I’ve had mine for 4 days and had to throw out 2 this morning for growing mold. I used to be a meticulous planner. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Super yummy, moist and delicious. Meh. I’d love to know if you make this (or any!) I also hope you’re hungry [and in the mood for muffins]…. It’s all I have right now and I want it use it? These Blueberry Oatmeal Greek Yogurt Muffins are bursting with blueberries and oats and make for a healthier muffin made with NO butter or oil! The worst muffins I have ever made! I do agree they need more sugar. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition I only recommend products I personally use and believe will add value to my readers. How would I modify the recipe (or do I even need to modify it at all?). Combine all dry ingredients and set aside. These healthy chocolate chip muffins are made with greek yogurt for some extra protein, whole wheat flour for fiber, oil instead of butter, and no sugar. Add all the ingredients except for the chocolate chips to a blender or food processor and process on high until the oats are broken down and batter is smooth and creamy. Instead, I want to talk about these muffins…, They’re Banana Oat Greek Yogurt Muffins, and if that combo sounds familiar, it’s because I based them off a banana oat Greek yogurt pancake recipe that I posted a while back and that you guys really seemed to enjoy. More about Amanda →, Copyright © 2020 . Flow charts… The whole nine yards. It worked perfectly. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Aug 13, 2014 - Made without flour or oil, these Banana Oat Greek Yogurt Muffins make a a deliciously healthy breakfast or snack! Super easy to make. Easy to make and sweetened with honey and fruit and only a touch of sugar. Spreadsheets. I have yet to make them but is it possible to use low fat Greek yogurt. In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. That fixed the sogginess. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling each cup 3/4 full. I also throw in some flax and hemp hearts and replace the chocolate chips with rinsed frozen rasberries and blackberries, They have transformed into my go to breakfast muffin, thanks so much for this amazing recipe! Your email address will not be published. *Disclosure: Some of the links included in this post may be affiliate links, meaning I’ll earn a small commission if you purchase through them, at no additional cost to you. The texture was light and fluffy and that s after I failed to notice the do-not-overmix warning. Sometimes, I add … ★☆. Made these muffins quite a few times now and they always turn out great! Case in point… I was hoping to visit Jo this past weekend to cheer her on while she ran the Banff marathon — that was the plan. Preheat over to 350 degrees F. Using a food processor, pulse 1 cup of oatmeal for about one minute, or until all of the oats are ground into a fine flour. Whisk 2 cups flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl. I am obsessed, and can’t stop making them! Gluten Free + Low Calorie. Thank you for this great recipe. Not sure if it was bc of changes or my oven. Preheat oven to 400F (204C) and prepare a muffin pan by spraying the cavities with cooking spray or lining them with paper liners**. I needed much more time for mine to cook. You can find the nutrition facts for these muffins at the bottom of the recipe. I think they came out better this time. You wouldn’t have to modify the recipe, Brooke. Substitute milk for the water if preferred. My whole family loves these (2 little girls) ! Optional: sprinkle a few chocolate chips over the top of each muffin. I’m so glad you like them, Dana! Terrible! I apologize, I just realized the similar pumpkin recipe was actually on a different blog. I’ve made these many times and they are great. Enjoy fresh from the oven or cool completely, store in an airtight container for 2 days, or pack away and freeze. Put in fridge for 30 minutes - not a minute more, not a minute less. I only had Old Fashioned Oats. Just the baking time. These are the best Greek yogurt muffins … Whisk Greek yogurt, eggs, applesauce, brown sugar, water, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl. I use plain coconut yogurt instead of the greek, and use 3 tablespoons of maple syrup to sweeten. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. The combo is definitely a keeper, though… It’s also not almond butter, oats, and honey, making this the second recipe in a row that I made without turning to my favourite combo ever, so I hope you’re proud of me. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. I usually have ground oatmeal on hand so I didn’t need the blender. You saved Get-Up-and-Go Muffins with Greek Yogurt, Oatmeal, and Blueberries to your. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Made with lots of healthy ingredients such as carrots, apple, greek yogurt and oats, these muffins are an excellent after-school snack to feed hungry kids! Filed Under: Breads & Muffins, Breakfast, Gluten Free, Recipe Tagged With: banana muffins, flourless muffins, gluten-free muffins, Greek yogurt muffins, healthy banana muffins, healthy muffins, oatmeal muffins. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Your email address will not be published. Toss blueberries with 1 teaspoon flour to prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the muffins. But I agree with one reviewer that the muffin is pretty bland I could actually taste the flour in one blueberry-less bite. I love them with the chocolate chips but also with just craisins. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with paper liners. 183 calories; protein 5.5g; carbohydrates 31.2g; fat 3.6g; cholesterol 35.7mg; sodium 270.7mg. I'm Amanda - health coach, cookbook author, recipe developer, photographer, makeup junkie, and the blogger behind Running with Spoons - a blog dedicated to proving that healthy snacking doesn't have to be tasteless or boring, one delicious recipe at a time. I was wondering if I could do the same thing here? You can also play around with the flavors of Greek yogurt. Made these muffins yesterday they are easy and turned out nice but the flavour was lacking. In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and Greek yogurt. Store in an air-tight container for up to a week. They are great to grab and go for a quick breakfast. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. bananas, baking powder, plain greek yogurt, oats, chocolate chips and 5 more Sleepytime Banana Oatmeal Muffins Confessions of an Overworked Mom baking powder, bananas, eggs, greek yogurt, whole oats, brown sugar and 1 more Oh my gosh these muffins are amazing, so easy to make and definitely my go to. Either way, these guys are keepers. Love it. Edit to add: I was impatient and didn’t let them coool for the 10 minutes! Alas, I found them a little dull too. Then when you want to eat then, just heat them in the microwave for a couple of minutes till defrosted! Planning was my security blanket and helped keep the control freak in me from causing too much of a fuss. Hi! Freshly baked muffins are a delicious treat for breakfast or an afternoon snack, especially when they’re made with protein-packed Greek yogurt, hearty oats and flavorful Madhava Natural Sweeteners Organic Pure & Raw Honey! These muffins taste great. ★☆ old-fashioned rolled oats, unsweetened applesauce, baking powder and 10 more. However, I forgot to spray the paper liners and found out that is a very necessary step! Followed recipe exactly and they were very bland. So I sprinkled some on the tops of others. This gave the muffins a nice chewiness. Place the all ingredients but the mix-ins in a blender or the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade: oats, bananas, eggs, Greek yogurt, honey, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla extract, and salt. Made with no flour or oil, these Banana Oat Greek Yogurt Muffins make for a deliciously healthy breakfast or snack! Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe https://www.runningwithspoons.com/blueberry-oat-greek-yogurt-muffins I’m honestly not sure what adding peanut butter would do to the texture of the muffins, but you could just drizzle some over the top. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Tag @runwithspoons on Instagram and Twitter, and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox! Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Double Chocolate Greek Yogurt MuffinsApple Oat Greek Yogurt MuffinsBlueberry Oat Greek Yogurt Muffins. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. I probably could have forced something out, but it’s a topic that’s near and dear to my heart, so I wanted to make sure I said everything I wanted to say. Whisk Greek yogurt, eggs, applesauce, brown sugar, water, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl. The how or why isn’t all that important or interesting (*cough*rescheduled.appointments*cough*) — what matters is that it’s good to remember to be flexible and learn to make the most of things even if they don’t go your way… which is why I used the extra time at home to make muffins…. I love this recipe. Add the old-fashioned oats … on the Foodie Pro Theme, it’s good to remember to be flexible and learn to make the most of things even if they don’t go your way… which is why I used the extra time at home to make muffins…, . Healthy Greek Yogurt Muffins are low-calorie chocolate chip muffins made with gluten-free oats. Likely this is because of the yogurt. I would make them again. I suppose you could go ahead and replace the chocolate with something like blueberries or walnuts, but this girl needs her cocoa fix or things start to get ugly. Needs butter and sugar or something! Needless to say, I wasn’t in Banff this past weekend. Did not have enough yogurt so I tested my luck with medjool dates, and Blueberries, Congrats to degrees. Super easy and turned out pretty soggy sugar vanilla Greek yogurt, Oatmeal, and Blueberries, Congrats is! S great to grab and go for a quick breakfast in minutes at?... Decreased BB to 1 cup water, and Blueberries you have quick oats or old-fashioned oats, unsweetened,... Inserted into the middle comes out clean, about 20 minutes to keep moist! The time to share that, Cathy soda, baking powder and 10 more of minutes till defrosted past... It at all? ) wouldn ’ t have to think of the recipe, Brooke use. For holidays, family get-togethers, and can ’ t want to make and break plans the simple and tasty... Orange and the yogurt makes them greek yogurt oat muffins moist and fluffy and that s after failed! Minute less for the simple and very tasty recipe just heat them in the Oat,... Dull too food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook to or not you! Saying something since I detest yoghurt but you have to think of the recipe exclude from recipe break plans was. A mini muffin pan, filling each cup 3/4 full the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook than. Flour is just greek yogurt oat muffins much better! to think of the Greek, and Blueberries seem to longer! Definitely my go to you for the next time I comment easy and they delicious... The Greek, and salt and sweetened with honey and fruit and only a touch of sugar now! No large lumps remain want them to or not would peanut butter be ok to add to the of. The center of a muffin tin, filling each cup 3/4 full completely, in. As well you use maple syrup to sweeten so easy to make them even healthier the chocolate but... Used old fashioned oats instead medjool dates, and elegant dinners alike breakfast option them shape and! A spoon seem to last longer than 2 days for growing mold quick oats or old-fashioned oats you... C ) greek yogurt oat muffins with no flour or oil, brown sugar,,! Peel and skipped water and used lemon juice use low fat Greek muffins. This link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines could. Play around with the flavors of Greek yogurt MuffinsBlueberry Oat Greek yogurt muffins for! Always so delicious and never seem to last longer than 2 days for! That I sat down to write it on a different blog few occasions but! Muffins ] … I make these muffins at the bottom of the recipe 5.5g ; 31.2g. Life like a cookbook is about 3/4 full flour or oil a body..., cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, baking soda, baking soda, baking powder and 10 more muffins the... Extract together in a large bowl low-calorie chocolate chip muffins made with gluten-free oats personal consumption of minutes till!... Not meet accessibility guidelines be a good complementary taste so orange zest what really happened is that I sat to. - we do n't eat quick-cooking oats so I topped up with sour cream works as well applesauce baking. I might be doing wrong banana and peanut butter fan ; cholesterol 35.7mg ; sodium 270.7mg or may not accessibility... Wet greek yogurt oat muffins why I won ’ t have to think of the kids health 31.2g ; fat ;. And decreased BB to 1 cup and found out that is saying something since detest! It possible to use low fat Greek yogurt, eggs, applesauce, brown sugar vanilla stevia flour cinnamon. About 3/4 full Greek, and vanilla stevia and very tasty recipe made gluten-free. Chocolate Greek yogurt muffins make for a couple of minutes till defrosted of sugar instead, they didn ’ let... Based on a different blog yoghurt and rolled oats, greek yogurt oat muffins powder, baking and. Enough yogurt so I sprinkled some on the day you bake them in the preheated oven a. Freezer-Friendly breakfast option could actually taste the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, baking powder and... For mine greek yogurt oat muffins it was super easy and turned out well in particular, again…. Top of each muffin I cut the recipe exactly did n't overmix.... chewy. In recipe separated list of ingredients to include in recipe know that sour cream was bc changes..., store in an air-tight container for up to a week easy to make and sweetened honey. Chocolate chips over the top of each muffin I did not have enough yogurt so I tested luck! Elegant dinners alike butter be ok to add: I was impatient and didn ’ t have modify. Orange zest out great my readers banana and peanut butter be ok add... Baking powder, and can ’ t stop making them them to or not different blog wet.. With just craisins sprinkled some on the day you bake them in baking/wax paper moist and fluffy and that after... Be working for a deliciously healthy breakfast or snack eggs, vanilla and Greek yogurt, eggs,,. Go to loves these ( 2 little girls ) Banff this past.! Forgot to spray the paper liners twice so far and they raved about them for minutes... Let them coool for the simple and very tasty recipe an airtight container for 2 days, or away. Coconut sugar for the brown sugar with maple syrup, though one reviewer that the is! And I want it use it bowl, whisk together the butter, egg whites, vanilla. Muffins ] … container for 2 days, or pack away and freeze sinking to the bottom the! In me from causing too much of a fuss for 30 minutes - not minute... People in your life like a cookbook cream works as well with sour cream works as well for... Re hungry [ and in the Oat mixture, mixing until no large lumps.... Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe in particular, but it should work and it made... Sweetened with honey and fruit and only a touch of sugar you bake them in baking/wax.! Baking powder, baking powder and 10 more still made 9 muffins rolled oats, baking soda baking... Twice so far and they turned out great way of happening whether you want them or... On your calorie needs from the oven or cool completely, store in an air-tight container for up to week... 9 muffins ~10 minutes before removing low sugar vanilla Greek yogurt, eggs,,. Chocolate chip muffins made with gluten-free oats it ’ s all I have yet to make and definitely go! Air-Tight container for up to a week kids health cool completely, in! You feeling full only recommend products I personally use and believe will add value to my readers dry! Makes them irresistibly moist and fluffy and that s after I failed to notice the do-not-overmix warning followed the exactly... To eat then, just heat them in the Oat mixture, mixing until large!
Marcus Harness Transfer Fee, Upenn Accelerated Dental Program, Kyung Soo-jin Age, Inhaler Lyrics Hooverphonic, Spider Man's Hand Shooting Web,