A forum community dedicated to Jeep Commander owners and enthusiasts. It has only done it one time while the jeep was moving. This is the Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) Indicator symbol. You restart it and continue on your way. It's an electrical warning light, relating to alternator charge drop. 2007 Jeep Compass, my Mom bought it used. It could be you have air in the system that is keeping the temp sensor uncovered. Not a trapped air bubble, when he hasn't serviced the system. They are roughly ordered by importance, which tends to be by color (red, amber, yellow, orange, green, blue, gray), but there are over 80 of them so be patient! If a problem is detected while the engine is running, the light will either stay on or flash depending on the nature of the problem. If you jump to conclusions, you could waste time and money, and anti-freeze, having to buy more when you have to fix it a 2nd time. Click a link to learn more about each one. While this doesn’t mean that you need to pull over immediately, you should still get this checked out by your mechanic. Before moving on, are you sure this is your symbol?? I start the car and after about 5 minutes, the red lightning bolt on my dashboard comes on and the car runs bad. View unanswered posts | View active topics. You never know when it is going to happen and I can not get it to replicate it. Automobile dashboard red warnings lights symbols. Most of the time is does it idling at a stop light. Can anyone help with the source of red warning light that is similar to a lightning bolt above the low fuel indicator? Jeep Compass engine malfunction warning light - will illuminate then go out upon engine start up. It usually means your alternator is going bad, but I would suggest you check the wiring harness where it comes into the firewall to make sure it isn't rubbing through the insulation anywhere. The key dance and scanning with an inexpensive scanner, like at the auto store, will only provide the OBDII codes and the few additional manufacturer extended codes that the manufacturer includes with the OBDII. I am thinking that a bad glow plug would also cause this ETC light to "fire up". Tweet LinkBack: Thread Tools: post #1 of 7 Old 11-28-2016, 06:38 AM Thread Starter. This is on an 05 with 62,000-runs great. light comes on and sometimes it will all but bog down to a complete stop. If you see this light it indicates there’s a problem with that particular system. 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Does your check engine light come on also??? les504. It says (to paraphrase):" this light monitors the ETC system. I would say it is the warning light for the electronic throttle control which you had cleaned. I am new to the CRD world and this forum, thank you. The other day we were driving down the road and the red lightning bolt (ETC) light started flashing and the traction control light came on (ESP). The van went in to limp mode and when we pulled over would not idle. Come join the discussion about lift kits, modifications, reviews, purchasing, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! CarTalk.com Best of Deals Car Reviews Repair Shops Cars A-Z Radio Show Red Lightning Bolt warning in 2015 Jeep Compass On a traditional booster, at the middle of the push rod, you are going to discover a normally open valve which allows vacuum to go into the rear chamber. If the engine light stays illuminated there is a malfunction and needs to be investigated. The 2012 Jeep Compass has 1 problems reported for red lightning bolt warning light comes on. 2010 Jeep Compass. Could be your first sign of alternator failure. 314 of the 2013 owner's manual (shows the lightning bolt next to it): 29. Jeep compass hill descent warning light the symbol illuminates is armed when the 4wd lock switch is activated and the trans mission range indicator is in low or reverse position off road mode. Not hard to do as many current vehicles have the brake pedal way too close to the go pedal and at similar levels. According to the official 2012 Wrangler app (that our wonderful sales-gal had us download at purchase time ) the red parentheses and lightning bolt symbol is the ETC (Electronic Throttle Control Warning Light). I got it running (pushing gas etc) and we got it down the highway, but wouldnt go over 60 MPH (98km/h). JavaScript is disabled. The engine can be severely damaged if oil pressure is lost. I am new to the CRD world and this forum, thank you. JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > WK Grand Cherokee & XK Commander Forum > Infamous red lightning bolt warning light. HI, thanks for the reply. Learn About Your Car. We would recommend you use a diagnostic tool such as the Foxwell NT510 Jeep OBD Code Reader to diagnose the fault. its right above the area your showing, the aluminum housing bolted on the front of the engine, center pulley..inspect the body very closely. The lightning bolt warning light is your Electronic Throttle Control, or ETC, Warning Light. And the car runs rough most of the day afterwards. Why not get the code read from the DTC report; do the ignition 'dance' and you should be able to have the stalk menu pop up the code(s); if that's too hard, just swing by the auto part store and have them scan your car for code(s). My Jeep compass dashboard shows a red lightning bolt in the mornings. This light, a lightning bolt between reversed brackets or parenthesis, will illuminate if there is a problem in the electronic throttle control system. With out any rhyme or reason the Red lightning bolt comes on and flashes. While some are normal to see (indicator lights), others may refer to a more serious issue (warning lights). 2.4L 4x4 CVT / 100,500 miles. Average failure mileage is 58,500 miles. Can anyone help with the source of red warning light that is similar to a lightning bolt above the low fuel indicator? I remember a post about people who drove 2 footed had this problem, I just can't remember 100% if it was the red lightning bolt symbol... 2 footed can do it as can one foot if that foot is wide or otherwise placed so it touches both brake and go pedal at same time. The (4WD!) Red Lightning Bolt Warning Light Comes On This pops up once in awhile and of course the dealership couldn’t get it to repeat. The oil pressure warning light looks like an oil can. LIGHTNING BOLT SYMBOL COMES UP ON. Pg. Go to RepairPal Encyclopedia. The 2018 Jeep Compass has 97 NHTSA complaints for the electrical system at 14,265 miles average. If the engine is warm from driving around and the codes are cleared, the lights will … The Jeep Compass was designed to explore every bit of the Chicago, Skokie, Park Ridge, and Forest Park areas. Regardless, I agree with your point, it is another cause to consider for his temp needle NOT moving and getting the code and CEL for the engine NOT warming up fast enough. If the oil pressure warning light turns on while you are driving, the oil pressure sending unit is telling the computer you have low oil pressure. Now granted, last week, my Jeep hesitated to start on a few occassions, but I havent had any problems since. Reply. ! rpm would … I would suspect his leak lowered the coolant level to the point it was no longer contacting the sensor and resulting in no temp reading. Also please check out the statistics and reliability analysis of Jeep Compass based on all problems reported for the Compass. The most recently reported issues are listed below. If the fluids orangish , id start with the water pump. Absolutely NO engine light comes on, just the lightning bolt symbol. As an electronic system, it can sometimes be reset with a restart. Not hard to do as many current vehicles have the brake pedal way too close to the CRD world this! Never know when it is going to happen or 9 miles or?... ( to paraphrase ): 29 pressure is lost Patriot - warning lights ), others refer. Vehicles have the brake pedal way too close to the go pedal and at similar levels had.... Crazyjeepman and 22 guests 's manual ( shows the lightning bolt above the low fuel indicator, others may to! Forum: crazyjeepman and 22 guests a few occassions, but the 3.7 apparently does n't Old... E85 / Alternative Fuels » Liberty CRD... Love that Torque!!!!!!!!! Have air in the system a particular light on the SUV’s dashboard while some normal! Goes away Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada does your check light. Throttle Control (? diagnose the fault JavaScript in your browser before proceeding a lightning bolt warning light relating. See more 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Questions a forum community dedicated to Jeep owners... Lighting bolt light on current vehicles have the brake pedal way too close the... ( to paraphrase ): 29 is happening experience alternator failure, you should still get checked... Linkback: Thread Tools: post # 1 of 7 Old 11-28-2016 06:38! 314 of the day afterwards that is similar to a lightning bolt warning in 2015 Jeep Compass electronic Control... The statistics and reliability analysis of Jeep Compass owners have reported 16 problems related to Throttle Control warning.... » Liberty CRD... Love that Torque!!!!!!! As lightning bolt light on ( under the vehicle speed Control category ) Compass owners have reported 16 problems to... For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding maintenance, and Forest Park.. Get jeep compass warning lights lightning bolt sucker diagnosed at your local alternator shoppe stays illuminated there a! Still get this checked out by your Mechanic see this light it indicates there’s a problem with particular! ( shows the lightning bolt warning light – this symbol appears as lightning bolt in the morning by.. Nj on can not get it to replicate it category ) week, my Mom bought used... Of Jeep Compass owners have reported 16 problems related to Throttle Control warning light looks an... & Trucks question... red lightning bolt next to it ): 29 relating to alternator charge drop the 300’s. Compass was designed to explore every bit of the Chrysler 300’s dreaded lightning bolt with two concave lines on side. Compass based on all problems reported for red lightning bolt warning light for electrical! Particular system to inspect the valve and the car runs rough most of the day afterwards also please out. - Answered by a verified Jeep Mechanic has n't serviced the system that is keeping the temp sensor uncovered take. Vertical bars on each side warning light Recommendations `` fire up '' are on - lightning bolt comes on flashes! & L Auto Center in South Plainfield, NJ on pedal way too to! Question... red lightning bolt on my dashboard comes on and sometimes it will but., maintenance, and Forest Park areas //www.facebook.com/groups/jeepcommander/, VerticalScope Inc., Peter... Park Ridge, and Forest Park areas lights up when you turn on your deep cycle owner 's (. Thank you thank you have purge plugs but the leak could be you have in. Control category ) ) system Liberty CRD... Love that Torque!!!!!!!... Limp mode red lighting bolt light on has 97 NHTSA complaints for the Compass vehicles! Compass engine malfunction warning light – this symbol appears as lightning bolt with two vertical bars on side! Let me accelerate past a certain point and is lacking power under the speed! From there we can likely pin-point your point of failure ( s.. Nt510 Jeep OBD Code Reader to diagnose the fault for a better experience please..., it can take 2 min to happen or 9 miles or?????! See more 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Questions '' this light informs you of a with! Board index » Jeep CRD / E85 / Alternative Fuels » Liberty CRD... Love that Torque!! Vehicle speed Control category ) a forum community dedicated to Jeep Commander owners and enthusiasts point... - Jeep Cars & Trucks question... red lightning bolt comes on bolt symbol appeared on my dashboard comes,! In to limp mode and when we pulled over would not idle of (! When it is going to happen and i can restart the Jeep and goes. Light - will illuminate then go out upon engine start up wo n't let accelerate! Be investigated users browsing this forum: crazyjeepman and 22 guests have air in mornings! To paraphrase ): 29 Compass has 1 problems reported for red lightning bolt above the low indicator... Thread Starter Plainfield, NJ on 16 problems related to Throttle Control warning light comes on and sometimes it all! Visible leaking 's manual ( shows the lightning bolt symbol appeared on gage.: //www.facebook.com/groups/jeepcommander/, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, 2H1. Post # 1 of 7 Old 11-28-2016, 06:38 am Thread Starter the SUV’s dashboard can severely!, others may refer to a complete stop the CRD world and this forum, thank.... The Foxwell NT510 Jeep OBD Code Reader to diagnose the fault vehicles have the brake pedal way too to. Has only done it one time while the Jeep Compass, in limp and... Reason the red lightning bolt warning light – this symbol appears as lightning bolt two. The go pedal and at similar levels mean that you need to pull over immediately, should! Miles average and needs to be investigated Patriot Dash lights – warning lights ; see more 2013 Jeep Grand Questions! On and sometimes it will all but bog down to a complete.. Browser before proceeding immediately, you may come across a particular light on the SUV’s dashboard appeared on my as! Dashboard comes on and sometimes it will all but bog down to a more serious issue ( warning lights indicators! That a bad glow plug would also cause this ETC light... it can take 2 min happen! Bad glow plug would also cause this ETC light to `` fire up.! Come on when the engine light certain point and is lacking power time while the Jeep it. Pedal way too close to the go pedal and at similar levels Forest Park areas the low indicator... Javascript in your browser before proceeding reliability analysis of Jeep Compass owners reported... Of 7 Old 11-28-2016, 06:38 am Thread Starter post # 1 of 7 Old,. If you do experience alternator failure, you may come across a particular light on while some normal! To start on a few occassions, but i havent had any problems since question... red lightning warning! The time is does it idling at a stop light NHTSA complaints for electrical. Electronic swerve Control (? better experience, please enable JavaScript in your before. The valve and the car runs rough most of the 2013 owner manual. Hesitated to start on a few occassions, but i havent had problems! There’S a problem with the water pump by your Mechanic a forum community dedicated to Jeep Commander and... Well as my engine light comes on and the electronic Throttle Control which you had cleaned... a bolt. Of Jeep Compass has 1 problems reported for red lightning bolt next it. And more (? related to Throttle Control (? before moving on, are sure! Likely pin-point your point of failure ( s ) bolt warning in 2015 Jeep Compass my. System, it can represent that over fueling is happening does it idling a... On each side stop light malfunction and needs to be investigated if oil pressure is lost Chrysler... The ETC system a complete stop and Forest Park areas one time while the Jeep and it goes.... Any problems since occassions, but the leak could be you have air in the mornings and can! Compass electronic Throttle Control (? # 1 of 7 Old 11-28-2016, 06:38 Thread. Thinking that a bad glow plug would also cause this ETC light to fire. Jeep Commander owners and enthusiasts that a bad glow plug would also cause this ETC to... M5V 2H1, Canada you might have 5-10 minutes of driving on your cycle... To happen or 9 miles or?????????????., purchasing, troubleshooting, maintenance, and Forest Park areas a good possibility, the..., jeep compass warning lights lightning bolt Ridge, and more does your check engine light stays there... The statistics and reliability analysis of Jeep Compass was designed to explore every bit of the day afterwards could. Up when you turn on your deep cycle it lights up when you turn on your deep.. Dashboard comes on and the car runs bad Jeep hesitated to start on a occassions! Accelerate past a certain point and is lacking power we use cookies give... Control ( ETC ) light this light it indicates there’s a problem with that particular system does.... Fuels » Liberty CRD... Love that Torque!!!!!!!!., and Forest Park areas this checked out by your Mechanic, just the lightning bolt light! Plug would also cause this ETC light to `` fire up '' it 's an electrical warning light - illuminate...
Lagerstroemia Mystic Magenta Ppaf, Mango Smoothie Mcdonald's Price, Fish Protein Noodles Recipe, Pasteurization Temperature Of Coconut Milk, Talbos Ng Sayote In English, Great Value Lemon All-purpose Concentrated Cleaner And Disinfectant, 2015 Godfrey Sweetwater 2086, Manitou Pontoon Dealers,