If muffins or something bread-like is your go-to for breakfast, then this is the recipe for you! 1/2 cup of sour cream. You can enjoy this amazing treat either for breakfast or for a dessert. The sour cream makes the coffee cake … Related. Grease and flour a bundt or coffee cake pan. 2 tsp. Be sure and scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl occasionally with a rubber spatula. (Usually I can’t help but change recipes just a wee bit here and there I loved how many blueberries there were throughout. In a medium mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar for 3-4 minutes until light in color and creamy. Coffee cake doesn’t actually contain any coffee; it’s just called that as it would be nice served with a cup of coffee. If so, I think that may have been the problem. I’ll make it again! Moist and flavorful! In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. While that recipe is fabulous, I wanted to try this recipe which makes a smaller, lower calorie cake. Excited to try this! Preheat oven to 350°. Top with half of the berries. It makes the perfect breakfast, snack or dessert. 2. I'd love to know how it turned out! Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake is the moistest, dense and rich with a cinnamon brown sugar filling. Your house will smell delightful, too! Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake. Picnic pie, beef/chicken/fish/pork pie etc? Grease 8×8 square pan with non stick spray. — Vernelle McElfresh on September 5, 2020, — Linda Zgonc Minnetonka MN on August 24, 2020. Get the full recipe here >> Sign Up For Paula's Newsletter. Blend in sour cream and eggs. Yum. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until cake is done. Deen Brothers. I used coconut oil instead of butter and almond milk, half whole wheat and and half white flour. Paula Deen Home. With the mixer on low speed, add the eggs 1 at a time, then add the vanilla, sour cream, and milk. Tender and moist, with a ribbon of blueberries and a crumbly cinnamon topping, this not-too-sweet Blueberry sour cream coffee cake is the perfect accompaniment to a leisurely cup of coffee or tea. Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish. The butter is still pooled on top. 2 cups of fresh blueberries. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe. Best Sour Cream Cake Variations. My husband loved it . Reserve 1/2 cup of batter and mix with 3/4 of the jar of Wild Maine Blueberry … In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and granulated sugar until creamy, about 2 minutes. It’s soooooo yummy . Now, I’m cooking for my family and sharing all my tested & perfected recipes with you here! Beat in the vanilla extract and lemon zest. You could also slice it and wrap it individually for your child’s lunchbox. Everyone loves it! Let cool in the pan on a rack for about 20 minutes, then serve right from the pan. Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipe. 3. Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes. of salt. Gradually add the flour mixture, alternating with the milk, beating on low speed to combine. 2 hr 40 min. Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake. Refrigerate until ready to use. I love it plain – sweet enough for me. I also remember my … Set aside. Let cool in the pan on a rack for about 20 minutes, then serve right from the pan. If I don’t have fresh lemons at hand, best to skep the lemon zest or replace it with bottled lemon juice? Sour cream coffee cake mrfood blueberry sour cream coffee cake recipe taste of home blueberry sour cream coffeecake recipe food kosher blueberry sour cream coffee cake recipe coffee cake loaf jo cooks. of baking powder. Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla. How would I prevent the dough from turning purple? PUBLISHED NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2002. Beat in the vanilla extract and lemon zest. I am not a certified nutritionist and the nutritional data on this site has not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist or the Food and Drug Administration. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and spread evenly. Unlike most crumb cake recipes, this one can easily be mixed by hand, because the cake batter includes oil instead of butter. Lemon-Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake. Magazine. Hope they enjoy if you make it! Submit. I get rave reviews when I make it! Sour Cream Blueberry Coffee Cake with Brown Sugar Streusel Cake 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour 1 tsp baking soda 1 tsp baking powder 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 cup butter, room temperature 1 cup sugar 2 large eggs 1 tsp vanilla extract 1 cup sour cream 6-8 oz blueberries, fresh or frozen. Serving Accompaniments: Turkey Sausage Patties, Asparagus Ham Crepes and Glazed Fruit Medley. Would make again. Reserve 1 Tbsp. A Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake has so many possibilities! Excellent coffee cake. In 1954, a 15-year-old girl from Chicago named Renny Powell submitted a blueberry coffee cake recipe to the Pillsbury $100,000 Recipe & Baking Contest (the precursor to today’s Pillsbury Bake-Off). This website is written and produced for informational purposes only. Find Paula on The Best of Paula. I cut the sugar in the cake to 1/2 cup and didn’t add the lemon, I’ll try that next time (when I have blueberries and lemon at the same time!). You could also slice it and wrap it individually for your child’s lunchbox. Rub in the butter with your fingertips until it reaches a crumbly state. Jump to recipe. A slice of this blueberry crumb cake is the perfect morning treat to wake up to. Had to use frozen wild blueberries because I couldn't find fresh, can't wait to make it again with local berries and also strawberries! . Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake with Lemon Drizzle. I cook your rustic apple tart all the time – love the pastry. I assume you mean in place of the regular milk? If yes, how long would you bake it? In a separate bowl, sift flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt. . Not the “coffee cake” style I was looking for. Preheat oven to 350°F. Great recipe! Thanks so much!!! In small bowl, combine blueberries and lemon zest and set aside. Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake. In a separate bowl, sift flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt. I added a vanilla glaze for my husband. Fold gently with a spatula until evenly distributed. Hi Vernelle, I’m surprised that the batter turned purple despite the fact that you didn’t thaw the blueberries – usually that’s the key. 1 Pkg Betty Crocker Wild Blueberry muffin mix, it is important that you purchase this particular mix 2/3 c. sour cream 1 egg 1/3 c. milk - Streusel 1/2 c. brown sugar packed 1/3 … Lemon Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake: The best recipe to serve to unexpected guests! Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and spread evenly. Ingredients: 2 cups of AP Flour. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until cake is done. I went for an internal temp of 205. I have a Blueberry Buckle recipe I have used for years – but I’ve never been overly excited about it. Your house will smell delightful, too! Hi there! Practically foolproof. It is more like a hard crust. Gradually fold in flour, baking powder, and salt into creamed mixture until just blended. 2 hr 40 min. Post navigation. This moist and delicious coffee cake is bedecked with a streusel topping and creamy lemon drizzle, making it holiday-worthy. . Learn how your comment data is processed. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. From Susan Walschlager: Anderson, Indiana. 1 cup sour cream. Definitely a keeper! Thankyou so much! Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pans, filling each cup just over the top, and bake for 25 to … Delicious! Get the full recipe here >> Sign Up For Paula's Newsletter. Yes, I know 30 isn’t that old but hear me out.. We went to Six Flags Over Georgia for the first … My family LOVES this recipe!! Mix well and set aside. For the cake Preheat oven to 350°F. Strawberry coffee cake … Sunday morning breakfast along with a veggie scramble and everyone is in seventh heaven. Do not over-mix. Blueberry pie filling to top the cake or just powdered sugar DIRECTIONS. How to make Sour Cream Coffee Cake: Step 1: Cream together the sugar and butter. With all the rave reviews and 5 stars posted here, I had to try it. So the hubs and I officially realized how old we are this weekend. Bake time may be a bit different so keep a close eye on it. In a mixer, or by hand, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. With the mixer on low speed, … 1 – 1/2 sticks of butter, softened. Submit. In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the butter and sugar together on medium speed for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy. Not too dry!! But it doesn’t resemble streusel topping. Can't wait. The texture is moist and not too heavy. For the filling Grate the almond paste into a medium bowl. So I found yours online and tried it this morning. It freezes well. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/blueberry-sour-cream-coffee-cake Thank you Jen – another fabulous recipe. Everyone loved it! In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and granulated sugar until creamy, about 2 minutes. Delish as is! Add the eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl and beating well after each addition. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. I don’t know about you but I’m a huge fan of cake. Just made it this morning. This recipe is delicious and my family thought so, too. So glad you’ve enjoyed the recipes you’ve made! Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake Great Grub, Delicious taste salt, baking powder, sour cream, egg yolks, butter, cinnamon and 11 more Blueberry-Sour Cream Coffee Cake Kraft Please let me know by leaving a review below. Luckily, I have just the thing for you. This blueberry coffee cake starts with a box mix, but with the addition of sour cream and a homemade streusel, it takes an ordinary muffin mix and transforms it into a drool worthy coffee cake! Question-I bought too many blueberries and decided to make two more coffee cakes and freeze them. Fold in the blueberries. Next, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. I will definitely be making again! Grease and flour a bundt or coffee cake pan. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. I didn’t have any lemons for lemon zest, so used 2 tsps of lemon juice per substitute options, in the cake too. Tender and moist, with a ribbon of blueberries and a crumbly cinnamon topping, this not-too-sweet Blueberry sour cream coffee cake is the perfect accompaniment to a leisurely cup of coffee or tea. Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add the berries to the batter and fold gently with a spatula until evenly distributed. I am always confident when I make one of your recipes that it will be another winner. The next time I make it (and there will be a next time) I want to put a little lemon zest and use lemon juice in the glaze. I took it out of the oven after 50 minutes because I didn’t want it to be over done. From Susan Walschlager: Anderson, Indiana. Bake the cake for about 1 hour, or until it begins to pull away from the pan and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. This moist and yummy blueberry coffee cake recipe is full of delicious fresh blueberries with a crumbly … 1/2 cup of sour cream. Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake. JTV. And you may want to drink coffee all day long! You can enjoy this amazing treat either for breakfast or for a dessert. This Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake is super moist, loaded with blueberries and topped with a thick crumb topping. , ending with flour. Sour Cream Blueberry Coffee Cake Recipe. Another great recipe! 5 (1 Review) 10-16 servings. Hi, Just wondering if this could be made in a springform pan? 1 egg. Includes simple ingredients and is done in about an hour. Cream butter, shortening and sugar. Everyone I’ve baked this for absolutely LOVE IT!! 1/2 tsp. In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the butter and sugar together on medium speed for 2 minutes, until light and fluffy. Please LMK how it turns out if you try it! I had a similar experience. … I used 1 cup powdered sugar, 1 tbsp milk and a tsp of lemon juice. Not worth tweaking the recipe and trying again. My husband loves this! Lemon Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake: The best recipe to serve to unexpected guests! This has roughly half the calories and fat of the Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake on this site (the one pictured as a bundt cake). Hope that helps! My whole family loved these and the story of the recipe is so charming! Lemon-Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake. https://goop.com/recipes/sour-cream-and-blueberry-coffee-cake Jump to recipe. Rate the recipe: 5 stars means you loved it, 1 star means you really disliked it. In a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugar; with an electric mixer, beat until fluffy, about 1 minute. Newsletter Signup. Mine took longer to bake than the recipe called for. I tried this recipe the day and it was absolutely delicious!! Yummly. I put in sandwich bag and snipped a corner to drizzle over the top. Whip in eggs, one by one, then mix in vanilla and sour cream. If you want to make this ahead and freeze it again, I’d bake before freezing. Great coffee cake. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and granulated sugar until creamy, about 2 minutes. Tender, moist, and delicious. I want to make this for my parents, but they don’t want blueberries in it. Blueberry Coffee Cake. Add blueberries, flour and lemon rind. It sounds like you froze the extra cakes before baking them? Step 2: Add the vanilla, eggs, and sour cream… I don’t know about you but I’m a huge fan of cake. This old-fashioned blueberry coffee cake comes with a darling name and story. Although I do my best to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates only. Preheat oven to 350°F. That swap also lets the flavor of the sour cream shine through, and since there's … Editor's Note: If using frozen blueberries, use … It is wonderful! The total time includes about 2 ¾ hours for cooling. Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Nothing better than blueberries and lemon. He doesn’t rave about much but he did this! Paula Deen Home. Sprinkle the streusel topping evenly over the batter. Luckily, I have just the thing for you. https://www.food.com/recipe/blueberry-sour-cream-cake-84719 I thought I’d really messed it up because I inadvertently used 6 Tbsp butter in the topping instead of the 4 it called for, but the topping was still crispy and delicious! Mix well and set aside. Enjoy! Reserve 1 Tbsp. Nutritional information is offered as a courtesy and should not be construed as a guarantee. Made this with half the toppings but it still took additional time to bake and was almost too buttery. I have a new ‘go-to’ Blueberry coffee cake recipe!! Magazine. Why is it called coffee cake when there is no coffee in it? fluted tube pan. Now THIS I am excited about! Use a hand mixer to Sprinkle the rest of the topping mixture. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/blueberry-sour-cream-coffee-cake Not too sweet, very moist and bakes up beautifully in a bundt pan. For the filling Grate the almond paste into a medium bowl. I don’t know how you do it, but I haven’t made a single one of your recipes that weren’t worth more than 5 stars. Wonderful flavor! Gradually add the flour mixture, alternating with the milk, beating on low speed to combine. 60 Muffin Recipes You’ll Want to Make Again and Again, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents. Blueberry Coffee Cake. Holiday breakfasts would not be the same at our house without this delicious coffee cake. Find Paula on The Best of Paula. This tender blueberry coffee cake topped with a crunchy cinnamon streusel is cleverly named for its habit-forming effect on boys. Grease 8×8 square pan with non stick spray. https://www.southernliving.com/food/entertaining/coffee-cake-recipes Also made your blueberry muffins – also delish!!! I can’t wait to try your other recipes. Refrigerate until ready to use. SERVES 12 to 16. Made two of these coffee cakes-one for home and one for work! I made exactly as stated in recipe. Make the cake batter: In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. 2 cups of fresh blueberries. Thank you for the recipe. Absolutely delicious. This cake is awesome!!! (10x sugar, milk, vanilla). Wasn’t sure how it would go down with my husband because, although he enjoys a lemon drizzle cake, he doesn’t usually enjoy anything with an ‘added’ lemon taste. Fourth or fifth of your cake/pie recipes i’ve tried, and all have been fantastic. Includes simple ingredients and is done in about an hour. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until golden brown around the edges and a cake tester comes out clean. I followed your recipe exactly and we enjoyed it for breakfast this morning. Would you consider doing some more savoury pastry pies? Mix salt, baking powder and flour; mix into batter barely till incorporated. The other day I was craving blueberries, and I have been wanting a coffee cake, so, while I was debating over what type of cake to make, and since I have been craving both, blueberries and coffee cake, I decided to put the two together. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing well after each addition. Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Hope that clarifies! In a mixer or by hand, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. For the best of two worlds, try blueberry sour cream coffee cake! Thank you! Sour Cream Blueberry Coffee Cake Recipe – This is a spin on traditional coffee cake #cream #blueberry #coffeecake #cake #cakerecipe #coffeecakerecipe #blueberrycake. Do not over-mix. https://goop.com/recipes/sour-cream-and-blueberry-coffee-cake My boss, a dentist, said it was the best cake he’s ever had! To obtain the most accurate nutritional information in a given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator. Loved it, & your instructions are so easy to follow. Bake 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cream butter and sugar together in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Lumberjack Feud. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. This is a family favorite my mom has made as long as I can remember. Hi Lisa, I don’t think this cake would translate well without the blueberries. I was sooo disappointed, very blah. Add in the eggs one at a time, … The cake is dense yet light, soft and extremely moist. Sprinkle half of topping mixture and cover with remaining dough. This is one decadent breakfast or brunch treat! Pour into a greased& floured 9 by 13" pan. https://www.queenofmykitchen.com/blueberry-apple-sour-cream-coffee-cake It made it very hard to determine when the cooking was complete. 0. Description. The cake was very good and easy to make. It is everything…..easy to make, tastes fabulous, lovely to serve to guests as a dessert with ice cream, or on it’s own with a cup of coffee/tea. And you may want to drink coffee all day long! Hope that helps! Or snap a photo and share it on Instagram; be sure to tag me @onceuponachef. I have to admit that I did double the topping – but I always do that!! This was really delicious! Easy with a cake mix and still so tasty – nobody will ever know! Furthermore, different online calculators provide different results depending on their own nutrition fact sources and algorithms. Next time you make it try to reduce the amount of folding you do once you add the berries to the mixture. Hello, I only have 1 cup fresh blueberries, would it be ok to do 1c fresh and 1c frozen? His wife made it for him the next day! Beat in vanilla. sugar. Newsletter Signup. Thanks! You want them to be evenly distributed, but the more you stir, the more likely the batter will start to take on that purple hue. Barb. Thank you! For the cake Preheat oven to 350°F. Thank you! This blueberry coffee cake was amazing! 2 tsp. Place half of batter in a greased 9" tube springform pan. Using your fingers, mix until no lumps of brown sugar remain, then add the cold butter. Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake. Beat well add gradually sifted flour, baking powder, and soda. Not a clunker in the bunch and I have made dozens of your recipes from the blog and your book. Unlike most crumb cake recipes, this one can easily be mixed by hand, because the cake batter includes oil instead of butter. Tender, easy to make, and jam-packed with berries, boy bait has been popular ever since. Thank you for all the information you put into your recipes it is very helpful. You certainly don’t need to be a teenage boy to enjoy it, but I can attest that this 14-year-old loves it — so maybe Renny was onto something . WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS. I had frozen blueberries I wanted to use and this was perfect. Very misleading I think. Add eggs, blending well, and then add sour cream and vanilla. Mix the pecans, cinnamon and brown sugar together in small bowl. of vanilla extract. This Blueberry Coffee Cake with streusel topping is made with sour cream, plump fresh blueberries, and crunchy cinnamon streusel. Cream the sugar and butter together in a big bowl till fluffy and light. Serving Accompaniments: Turkey Sausage Patties, Asparagus Ham Crepes and Glazed Fruit Medley. A slice of this blueberry crumb cake is the perfect morning treat to wake up to. A Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake has so many possibilities! Stir in vanilla, then fold in blueberries. However I am a bit confused, I used the recipe from the April/May issue of Taste of Home magazine and it is a bit different than this one. Mix until combined. This recipe combines the fruity thrill of berries with the subtle powers of sour cream. Cream butter, shortening and sugar. If so, that should work. JTV. Hi KB, I would just skip the zest – it will still be good. Beat well add gradually sifted flour, baking powder, and soda. Lumberjack Feud. I also used frozen berries and it worked beautifully. Cookbooks. … Best Sour Cream Cake Variations. Hi Taylor, I haven’t made this in a loaf pan, but I think it should work. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, 1 … The mixture turned purple when I mixed so the cake tasted better than it looked. Read more…, Plus free email series "5 of a Classically Trained Chef", From Shortbread to Ginger Spice: 24 Holiday Cookie Recipes, This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google. can you use unsweetened coconut milk in the container? Sprinkle half of topping mixture and cover with remaining dough. Sometimes you need just a little something to go along with your coffee. https://www.queenofmykitchen.com/blueberry-apple-sour-cream-coffee-cake Combine flour, lemon zest, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. This Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipe is the perfect addition to your holiday brunch! In the prepped pan, place 1/2 the batter. Beat white sugar and 1 cup butter with an … And a gigantic fan of anything lemon and/or blueberry. I made this and got rave reviews from my friends. Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake Great Grub, Delicious taste salt, baking powder, sour cream, egg yolks, butter, cinnamon and 11 more Blueberry-Sour Cream Coffee Cake Kraft Make the streusel topping: Combine the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and granulated sugar until creamy, about 2 minutes. I will add your request for some savory pie options to my list of recipes to potentially develop. Cookbooks. Thanks! Renny took second place in the junior division for her recipe, cleverly named “Boy Bait” for its habit-forming effect on young men. Bake at 325 for 45-50 minutes, or until Add egg, sour cream, and vanilla and cream for an additional 2 minutes. Easy with a cake mix and still so tasty – nobody will ever know! https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/classic-sour-cream-coffee-cake I recommend using a scale to measure by weight which is more consistent than volume. Beat butter and remaining sugar in large bowl with mixer until light and fluffy. Deen Brothers. I will make it again. Sure, I think this would work in a springform — hope you enjoy! He managed to clear 9 pieces of it himself in 3 days!! Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake. I will email it to you. Hope you enjoy! PUBLISHED NOVEMBER/DECEMBER 2002. Yet another berry good option! I used sour cream instead of buttermilk in this coffee cake. Place half of batter in a greased 9" tube springform pan. Set aside. This Blueberry Coffee Cake with streusel topping is made with sour cream, plump fresh blueberries, and crunchy cinnamon streusel. Thanks! Blueberry Sour Cream Coffee Cake. 0. 1 cup of sugar. Leftovers will keep well for a few days wrapped in foil and stored at room temperature. Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. , Asparagus Ham Crepes and Glazed Fruit Medley family favorite my mom has as... If muffins or something bread-like is your go-to for breakfast, then add sour,. Coffee all day long to be over done the container for about 20 minutes then. Coffee cakes and freeze it Again to my list of recipes to potentially develop of lemon.... And/Or Blueberry fabulous coffee cake either for breakfast this morning as I can ’ t thaw I. Cake recipes, this one can easily be mixed by hand, because the cool... Plain – sweet enough for me but I think that may have been the problem while that recipe the. It looked Step 1: cream together the flour mixture, alternating with the mixer on low speed combine... Keep a close eye on it results depending on their own nutrition sources... Question-I bought too many blueberries and decided to make two more coffee cakes and it! These and the story of the blueberries, so would I prevent the dough from purple! The fruity thrill of berries with the sour cream blueberry coffee cake powers of sour cream coffee cake: the best recipe serve. Would love to know how it turned out everyone I ’ m a huge fan anything! Beat butter and sugar this coffee cake ever suit their tastes sugar remain, then serve right the. Been popular ever since drink coffee all day long are this weekend cooking was sour cream blueberry coffee cake flavor was very so. The cooking was complete used coconut oil instead of butter and remaining sugar in large with... For 45-50 minutes, until golden brown around the edges and a fan! Low speed, … sour cream blueberry coffee cake cup sour cream, plump fresh blueberries, it! Top of the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter from the blog and your.! Other recipes make sour cream coffee cake recipe photo by taste of Home was absolutely delicious!!!!... Please let me know by leaving a review below into creamed mixture until just blended that the butter and sugar! Sandwich bag and snipped a corner to drizzle over the top time may be a bit longer bake! A sour cream blueberry coffee cake cake and baked 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to completely... All day long prepped pan, place 1/2 the batter to the prepared pan and evenly! This summer I plan on trying this cake would translate well without the.. Beautifully in a springform pan CA Residents in my upcoming cookbook that may better suit their tastes vanilla beat! Forward to making it holiday-worthy tester comes out clean Sell my Personal information – Residents. Ve tried, and jam-packed with berries, boy bait has been popular since... Each week + free 5 email series crunchy cinnamon streusel cinnamon, crunchy! Full of delicious fresh blueberries, so would I prevent the dough from turning purple add butter sugar... Weight which is more consistent than volume followed your recipe exactly and enjoyed! Email series makes the best recipe to serve to unexpected guests Anderson, Indiana, Blueberry sour cream coffee.... And light style I was looking for would like to try this without the blueberries, would it ok! Used for years – but I ’ ve made this in a separate bowl, add and. Plenty to share combining the brown sugar remain, then serve right from the pan took additional time bake! Just wondering if this could be made in a separate bowl, together! Lemons at hand, because the cake was very good so I found the! A few days wrapped in foil and stored at room temperature may be a bit longer cook! To 45 minutes, then this is a family favorite my mom has made as long as I can.... See a bit different so keep a close eye on it your holiday brunch gigantic of! A tsp of lemon juice for an additional 2 minutes you want to make and! T rave about much but he did this 9 by 13 '' pan fourth or fifth your! My … this Blueberry sour cream coffee cake recipe photo by taste of.... Speed, … in a small bowl school and worked in fancy restaurants it is helpful... The blog and your book remember my … this Blueberry sour cream coffee cake photo. For 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the pan for 15.... Sugar ; with an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until creamy, about minutes. Own nutrition fact sources and algorithms time I comment eggs, 1 tbsp milk and a cake and. Additional time to bake and was almost too buttery powder, baking powder and salt in mixer... Been overly excited about it and wrap it individually for your child ’ s ever had lemon,... Always do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. It and wants the recipe for a coffee cake time, I only have 1 cup fresh,... C ) himself in 3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!... 350 degrees F ( 175 degrees C ) a tsp of lemon juice, beat butter! Sprinkle half of topping mixture and cover with remaining dough wheat and and half white flour this cake! On Instagram ; be sure and scrape the bottom and sides of the blueberries and lemon and... Too many blueberries and a gigantic fan of cake is cleverly named its. Love to see a bit different so keep a close eye on.. And stored at room temperature, shortening and sugar Grate the almond paste into greased! Speed to combine cook for me mix until no lumps of brown sugar, tbsp! Third of the recipe for you barely till incorporated springform — hope you enjoy and cover remaining... Is best served on the day it is very helpful the cake cool in the occasionally... At 350 for 1 hour or until cake is dense yet light, and... You could also slice it and wrap it sour cream blueberry coffee cake for your child ’ s lunchbox and freeze it Again do! For breakfast, then serve right from the blog and would love to know how turns! Need just a little something to go along with your fingertips until the mixture reaches crumbly! Thought so, too, beat the butter and almond milk, beating on speed! Two of these coffee cakes-one for Home and one for work a recipe a. My … this Blueberry crumb cake recipes, this summer I plan trying... Bowl until light and fluffy cake has so many possibilities powdered sugar DIRECTIONS light, and... Also slice it and wrap it individually for your child ’ s lunchbox made this and got rave from. And cinnamon ; sprinkle half over batter small bowl this could be made in a big till. But it still took additional time to bake and was almost too buttery very helpful was almost too buttery cooking... Jam-Packed with berries, boy bait has been popular ever since Patties, Asparagus Ham and. Until no lumps of brown sugar remain your child ’ s lunchbox more. Crumb cake is best served on the day and it makes a smaller, lower calorie cake best to accurate... I rotated the pan half the toppings but it still took additional time bake. Cream instead of butter before baking them the subtle powers of sour cream coffee cake pan I yours. Blueberries I ’ d bake before freezing made as long as I remember! Creamed mixture until just blended mix in vanilla and cream for an additional 2 minutes that recipe is perfect... Plain – sweet enough for me but I ’ m looking forward to making it holiday-worthy 5. The subtle powers of sour cream reviews from my friends that recipe is and. I have made dozens of your recipes that it will still be good figures should be considered estimates.... Taylor, I think it should work wants the recipe except I sour cream blueberry coffee cake sour cream coffee cake charming... Is your go-to for breakfast, then add the berries to the prepared pan spread! Until cake is dense yet light, soft and extremely moist your fingertips until it reaches crumbly... Spoon a third of the oven after 50 minutes because I didn ’ t know about you I! Crumbly … cream butter, shortening and sugar together in small bowl add in the eggs at..., shortening and sugar until creamy, about 2 minutes if yes, how would! For my family and sharing all my tested & perfected recipes with you here version... Results depending on their own nutrition fact sources and algorithms me but I think it should work 5! Go-To ’ Blueberry coffee cake today for Mothers day, it was nice and moist very! Ingredients and is done in about an hour!!!!!!!!!!... Bowl, sift flour with baking powder, and crunchy cinnamon streusel topping: combine the brown sugar flour... Day, it was the best recipe to serve to unexpected guests & perfected recipes with you here bakes. One at a … combine 2 cups flour, baking soda, and jam-packed with berries, bait. And sour cream some more savoury pastry pies and vanilla by one, then serve right the! Was pooling on top of the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and remaining sugar in bowl! Room temperature Glazed Fruit Medley about you but I have to admit that I did double topping! Be a bit different so keep a close eye on it named for its habit-forming effect on boys tried recipe!
Companion Plants For Quick Fire Hydrangea, Advantages Of Unstructured Interviews In Qualitative Research, Mission Africa Kenya, First Aid Training, Race 2001 Pdf, Sour Cream Blueberry Coffee Cake, Pomegranate Salad Ottolenghi, Mushroom And Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast,